Are you trying to enter into the world of modeling and not sure if you know how to make the right poses? Making faces in front of the camera may seem like some rocket science to most people at first, but the fact is once you understand the camera and get comfortable with it, posing will not remain a problem at all. The best way to learn posing is to observe different styles that models use. Most of the poses are just slight variations of the same set of poses used before, or seen done by other super models. We have collected a set of the 5 top most popular modeling poses that could help you master the art of posing, as well as develop your own style.
1. The Stride. How do you find the pictures of models looking elsewhere and walking just against the camera? Do you think they are good poses? Well, the entire modeling industry admired this style of posing when it first came into the limelight. Ever since then, there hasn’t been any catalog or magazine where you won’t find models striding the streets. The main benefit of such a pose is that it fits well into all kind of situations and a lot of fashion photographers just like to get as natural click as it can be.
When trying this pose make sure you open up your leg wide apart while walking. Walk as slowly as possible to ensure a dynamic shot.
2. The Editorial Jump. Does it need any explanation? Guess not! This is one of the most popular and much appreciated poses of all times. The model is supposed to have a gala time when clicking in such poses. You should feel that you have all the power to fly anywhere you want, and no one would stop you. This kind of pose looks relatively motionless, but usually has greater impact on the audiences.
The best way to get this pose right is to squat as low as possible before taking the jump. Do not forget to give your face at the apex of the jump. You just cannot forget the camera, even if you’re busy flying.
3. The Pensive Jut. What are you thinking? Does it really matter? I’m just in a deep thought thinking something that I might not even know! Well, this is exactly what this pose means. You need to look calm, confused and optimistic at the same time. Can you really do that? In order to get this pose right, you can put your hands on your hips, get one leg straight and bend the other one slightly. Look up anywhere between the ground and the sky. There you got it right!
4. In Repose. This is one the classic pose of all times. You just cannot to miss to include it in the list of top popular modeling poses. It might appear very simple to most people, but there are a lot of technical aspects that one needs to keep in mind in order to pose it right. To get the pose right begin with staggering your legs, create a frame for your face out of your arms, and find the right light.
5. The Dynamic Sit. Making sitting poses are not easy either. A lot of models do not feel comfortable in giving sitting poses. There can be lot of angles and leg movements that can often go wrong if you’re not aware of the right postures. In order to make the sitting pose appear effortless and appealing, begin with creating different angles with your legs, while keeping proportionate space between your hands. Make sure you’re camera friendly and easy going while dynamic poses.
Getting familiar with the right model poses is the first step to a great modeling career. It’s important to develop a natural ability to control your postures and how you look on camera. Some of the greatest tricks to become a successful model include having a delicate blend of right look and ability to enhance the emotions in any given situation. Modeling is an art and mastering in it can take a few years as well. You should keep practicing and seriously consider the inputs of photographers if you really want to make it big. This is a most for both the experienced and the rookies.